With the release of Babeland Pro, version 1.054 or higher, you can lock your iPad to one specific event. This feature can be helpful in cases where you may only plan to ever run one event on the device (such as a permanent installation), or in cases where you may not be near your iPad, and do not want your guests to see other events connected to your account.
While we always hope that your guests will only see the camera and event itself, we know there are scenarios where guests may navigate to the app's main screen, or scenarios where you may want to empower your guests to modify their event, but not other events. In the cases of permanent installations, the designated event becomes the permanent installation; your event can be run for an unlimited amount of time, with photos being automatically separated into unique "days" in the online gallery.
To activate this feature, take the following steps;
- Create a new event in your Babeland Pro app, or choose an existing event and open its settings.
- Navigate to Preferences -> Management, and toggle Lock iPad To This Event. You can read a brief disclaimer about the feature before enabling.
- If you navigate back to the app's main screen, you will notice the two main buttons now have new labels. This provides the ability to Start Booth or to edit the Booth Settings. However, you will no longer be able to see other events on your account.
If you would like to deactivate this feature, take the following steps;
- Launch the Babeland Pro app and allow the main logo to finish appearing.
- Press and hold on the main logo for roughly two seconds. The Start Booth button will change to Unlock Device. You have five seconds to tap Unlock Device before the app exits this mode and you will have to hold the logo again.
- After tapping Unlock Device, you will be prompted to enter your account credentials. Successfully entering your account credentials will "unlock" the iPad, allowing you to see/create other events.
Note: Once the iPad is locked to an event, the toggle switch to "Lock iPad To This Event" will be hidden. This is to ensure guests do not accidentally toggle the switch or have awareness that the iPad contains other events.